Welcome to the Effort Reporting System
The system is now open for AY17 Effort Reporting.
The Final Reporting period will close on Wednesday November 8, 2017 at 5:00pm.
If you are a PI or person paid from sponsored funds, log in here to complete effort certification:
If you are a business manager with access to complete effort forms, log in here:
Effort Reporting Help Desk
System News & Updates
- Employees whose FTEs vary over the academic year are not handled correctly by the Effort Calculator. Use this Excel spreadsheet to compute the correct effort percentage: EffortCalculatorForFTEChanges.xls
- A list of individuals responsible for effort reporting in each 3-digit Org is available to assist you in collaborating with other departments: Business Managers by Org
- Additional job aids & training materials can be found on the OBFS website: Effort Reporting at UIC
- Prior Years' Effort Reports are still accessible for both business manager & certifiers. If you were not responsible for effort reporting in your org last year, please contact email@example.com for access.
- Business Objects Reports for AY17 (August 16, 2016 - August 15, 2017)
All payroll transactions through 10/6/2017 5:00PM are included in the Effort Reporting dataset.
NOTE: In order to run these reports, you must have Business Objects software installed on your desktop.
NOTE: The salary reports below (except for the first one) provide information on all salary paid to individuals, including pay that is excluded from IBS. In order to validate an individual's IBS in the Effort Reporting System, excluded pay types will need to subtracted from an individual's total pay.
UIC Pay excluded from IBS includes:
Non-UIC pay (VA hospital, consulting pay) will not be listed on these reports, and is also excluded from IBS.
- Lump sum incentive pay (e.g. Service plans MSP, DSP, NSP),
- Overcomp/overload payments,
- Awards, fellowships, and scholarships,
- Civil service, hourly positions, and pre/post doctoral fellows.
- AY17_AllIBSPayByUIN.wid - Detail of all transactions included in IBS for AY17. Includes Charts 2 & 9. Prompted by UIN(s). (Developed by Grants & Contracts)
- AY17_AllPayByUIN.wid - Detail of all payroll transactions for AY17. Includes Charts 2 & 9. Prompted by UIN(s). (Developed by Grants & Contracts)
- AY17_AllPayByUIN_AllCharts.wid - Detail of all payroll transactions for AY17. Includes ALL Charts. Prompted by UIN(s). (Developed by Grants & Contracts)
- AY17_JobDetail.wid - Detail of appointment data used to compute the length of appointment for AY17. Prompted by UIN(s). (Developed by Grants & Contracts)
- AY17_JobDetail_AllJobs.wid - Detail of appointment data for ALL jobs in AY17. Prompted by UIN(s). (Developed by Grants & Contracts)
- AY17_Salary-by-Org.wid - Provides all salary charges for all positions for all individuals in a designated org. Prompted by chart and org. (Developed by Dept of Physiology & Biophysics)
- ITD-Payroll-Hx-by-fund.wid - Provides all salary charges for all individuals since the inception of the fund. Prompted by chart and fund. (Developed by Division of Epidemiology & Biostatistics)
- ITD-Payroll-Hx-by-fun-org-prog.wid - Provides all salary charges for all individuals since the inception of the FOP (fund, org, program). Prompted by chart, fund, org, and program. (Developed by Division of Epidemiology & Biostatistics)